This Website is available throughout the world for different purposes (although some portions of this Website may not be available in some jurisdictions). For instance, members of our organization may access our Website from outside the United States to purchase a product or view pertinent information. This Website is generally operated from the United States, but we do not guarantee that all portions are and shall remain operating from within the United States. This Website shall be operated in accordance with laws of the United States and visitors to our Websites should be aware that the laws of the United States may differ from those of your country of residence.
What general types of information does this Website collect?
This Website collects personally identifiable information (“PII”), non-personal information (“NPI”), and aggregate information (“AI”).
What are the differences and definitions of the different types of information collected by this Website?
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to reveal your identity.
Non-Personal Information (“NPI”): Non-Personal Information is information that is related to an individual user but does not individually identify that user. An example would include Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Aggregate Information (“AI”): Aggregate Information refers to non-personal information of an aggregated nature including number of clicks, number of visitors, links hit, etc. overall for the Website and is not related to any one individual user.
What specific information do we collect?
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): We may collect Your full name, mailing and/or billing address including street name and street number, gender, social media profiles if you provide them or a link to such on the Website, age, date of birth, city, state, zip and apartment or suite number if applicable, phone number (could be any combination of mobile, office and home), email address (home and/or business), social security number, employer, professional license information, usernames, passwords, credentials you provide such as through uploading Curriculum Vitae, educational credentials, emergency contact information, third party information, continuing education and courses you take, stories or other information you submit about yourself or others, employment demographic information, and any information required by the credit card company or by Payment Card Industry security standards to verify your identity on a credit card transaction including but not limited to your credit card number, date of credit expiration, and security code, and other PII you may enter on any discussion site, blog, message board, userform or other method activated through the Website.
- Non-Personal Information (“NPI”): We may collect from users their IP address, browser type, domain name, the pages accessed, the time of access, the previous site before accessing this Website, statistics related to usage of software or tools on the Website, the length of time on the Website, the link that brought the user to the Website, and other non-personal related information.
- Aggregate Information (“AI”): We may collect in aggregate form the number of users accessing the Website, the pages accessed, aggregated credential statistics (pass/fail rate per university), the clicks per page, the number of links accessed and other non-personal aggregated information not tied to a specific user.
How do we collect the information?
For Personal Identifiable Information, generally we may collect it from the information you provide to the Website such as when you submit a user form, when you contact us, register for a product or service, register an account, apply for a service, participate in social media aspects, post messages to blogs, bulletin boards, message boards or other community features of the Website, when you add profile or other account information, or from the purchase of a good or service. However, we may also collect such information from other sources including our affiliates and from third parties that we contract with to process credit cards, process applications, or send communications. Another example of how we might collect the information is when You or Your employer or other organization contracts for site licenses specifically for You for certain access to this Website and thus they provide us with some PII in order that we may process such license and provide You with and maintain a username/password.
What do we do with the information we collect? Why are we collecting this information?
- We collect PII for multiple purposes that may include account registration, certification application, educational events registration, other event registrations, username/password updates, to look up your information if needed, for credit card processing for purchases or fees, for demographic aggregate analysis, for registration of any tools, gaming programs, software or other offerings of the Website, for educational opportunities, on user inputted forms for various purposes including but not limited to awards, inquiries, applications, certifications comments, suggestions, or other user forms.
- NPI & AI: We collect Non-Personal and Aggregate Information in order that we may better understand how you use the Website, update our Website Content, and improve the Website experience, to help university and third parties collect aggregated data about how well their students performed on tests, and to perform other aggregated or non-personal statistics.
- We may also use the information we collect (including PI, NPI, and AI) to meet legal and regulatory obligations, to protect the property of ANCC and its affiliates, and to better offer our services or products.
Do we share any of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect?
We may share or disclose any information we collect about you including PII with our affiliates. We may also share or disclose such PII with third parties whom we have contracted with for the purposes of carrying out the purposes of registration, marketing, consulting analysis, communications or credit card processing.
Do we share any of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect about you to third parties for their direct marketing purposes?
We share some of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes when you submit a registration or application. However you will be given the option to opt-out of this aspect when you do register or apply.
You can opt-out of cookies by adjusting your browser settings (all except flash cookies). However, if you opt-out of cookies, portions of the Website may not function normally or you may be prevented from utilizing certain aspects. To opt-out of flash cookies, please follow this link: Flashcookies.com
Opting Out –Google Analytics
You can opt-out of this feature using Google Ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-out browser.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, Clear GIFs and other technologies.
From time to time we may use web beacons, pixel tags, clear gifs, or other technologies (“Other Technologies”) that allow your information to be tracked across sites for the purposes of advertising or remarketing such as Google’s Remarketing Adwords Program as well as other similar programs (See Google Remarketing Below).
Google Remarketing is a dynamic interactive online advertising behavioral algorithm and process that provides for you to receive targeted ads across many sites based on your suspected interests gathered from your operation of this Website and other websites. It achieves this by connecting your activities on this Website with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick Cookie. This means that you may see ads on other sites behaviorally targeted to you with the intent of being something that is in your frame of interest based on your use of this Website and other sites where Google Remarketing is operating. Cookies are used to track your behavior for this advertising remarketing. While this does not track PII, it may be possible to combine this information with PII about you. You can opt out of the cookie for remarketing tracking here: http://google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en.
You can also opt out of Google Remarketing by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions.
Do Not Track.
Our Website does NOT react to Do Not Track options you set in your browser.
Tracking PII about your online activities across different websites when you use this Website.
We may track PII about you when you visit one of our affiliate sites. Also, from time to time we may use Google Analytics. While we don’t use Google Analytics to reveal your identity, Google Analytics may be able to track your usage and PII about you across other websites when you access this Website.
You acknowledge that any communications or transmissions to or from this Website or any related site may not be completely private even if such efforts are made to secure the privacy of such as communications and transmissions can be intercepted.
Third Party Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Third Party Links and Other sites.